A herpetic virus can infect all human organs, but the bladder is the most unprotected organ, so this viral infection can cause cystitis. In such a case, the inflammation of the bladder will have a non-bacterial etymology. It often happens that in most cases, a patient with cystitis does not even suspect the presence of a disease that provoked the pathology of the urinary system.
Causes of Herpetic Cystitis
Herpetic cystitis in women is an inflammation of the walls of the bladder, which caused the presence of the herpes virus of the second type. This disease can cause various negative processes in the urinary system.
Infection and the development of the disease in the pelvis can occur for various reasons:
- during the childbearing, which causes a serious hormonal alteration in the body of the future mother,
- due to the anatomical features in the woman's body - a short urethra,
- hormone imbalance during menopause,
- infection of the child at birth through the birth canal of the mother,
- due to an incorrectly set hormonal coil that interferes with the normal flow of urine,
- genital infection
- The risk group includes people who have ever had a urethral catheter installed.
Symptoms of the disease
Often the symptoms of herpetic cystitis are hard enough to distinguish from the usual inflammation of the bladder. Therefore, it is best to visit the doctor as soon as possible, because while the pathology is at the initial stage, its treatment will be much easier, and the risk of complications will be reduced by several times.
The symptomatology of this disease may vary significantly, since it depends on the patient's immunity. It is mainly manifested by pain and burning during urination, frequent urging to the toilet. It can also manifest itself by the presence of blood clots in the urine, a feeling of empty to the end of the bladder, the general weakness of the body. Often there is an increase in temperature and a manifestation of fever, abdominal pain and pain in the lumbar region. Symptom of herpetic cystitis in women can be severe pain during intercourse. In infants, this disease is accompanied by diarrhea, vomiting and a significant decrease in appetite. In old age, cystitis caused by a herpetic virus, makes itself felt with chills, clouding of consciousness, lethargy.
Untreated disease can provoke:
- ulceration on the walls of the bladder,
- the transition from acute to chronic
- the formation of foci of inflammation in the organs of the reproductive system.
Diagnosis and treatment of herpes cystitis
If you suspect the presence of a herpetic virus in the patient, the doctor prescribes a number of specific studies that will help to see the full clinical picture. Usually cystoscopy is prescribed, as well as a biopsy of the diseased organ. Male sex, you must pass the analysis of prostate secretion. Mandatory research is a general analysis of blood and urine. To detect the virus, it is necessary to test the blood for the presence of antibodies to the herpes viruses, tank-seeding, screening testing for herpes recognition.
After the examination, the specialist will be able to prescribe the correct treatment of herpes cystitis. At the moment, absolutely impossible to cure of the herpes virus is impossible, so treatment will have an analgesic effect, as well as to reduce the risk of recurrence.
Usually, the removal of unpleasant and painful symptoms, prescribed drugs that increase the protective functions of the body and immunity, as well as treatment with antiviral drugs.
For additional therapy, biogenic stimulants can be prescribed that help the human organs recover. These include drugs such as Apilak, Hematogen, Plazmol, Propolis, Befungin. To improve overall well-being, a course of massage and physiotherapy can be prescribed.
Treatment of herpetic cystitis in women is most important to start in a timely manner. Since this disease can seriously suffer reproductive function. Examination may reveal additional pathological processes in the pelvis, such as erosion or cervicitis. Severe complication of the disease is salpingo-oophoritis. This disease can develop against the background of the herpes virus, which affects the appendages, which leads to the formation of adhesions and the development of infertility.
For the male, with late treatment, it can also entail serious consequences. One of the main becomes prostatitis, which develops due to infection.
A well-established diagnosis and timely initiated therapy will help minimize the occurrence of relapses, as well as prevent the transition of the disease to the chronic form.
We also offer to visit our cystitis forum, reviews can help you a lot or leave your comments. Remember that by sharing your experience you can help someone as much as you can.
How are cystitis and herpes
Once in the human body, the virus is in it throughout life. Virions (virus particles that are outside the host cell) of the Herpesvirales group are able to stay in anabiosis for years, returning to active life and hitting human cells, under various favorable circumstances, while reducing the protective functions of the immune system.
Activation of the virus leads to serious lesions of the mucous tissues of any organs and systems, including urinary. Three stages of the development of herpes infection are noted, due to the site of localization:
- infection of the external organs of the reproductive system,
- damage to the mucous membrane of the vagina, uterine cervix and urethra,
- the development of a herpevirus infection in the mucous tissues of the uterus and appendages, in the mucous epithelium of the MP.
Only a person with stable phagocytic (immune) protection can resist the virus. Otherwise, the development of focal inflammatory processes that do not have specific symptoms is possible.
Herpes in the urinary bladder tissue enters different ways:
- getting into the bloodstream, penetrates the urinary system, causing the development and spread of systemic inflammatory response,
- through the lymphogenous pathway, is able to penetrate the MP from the already existing inflammation in the pelvic organs,
- along the ascending path it penetrates the urinary cystic organ from the infected lesion in the urethral canal,
- can infiltrate downwardly from the kidneys through the ureters,
- as a result of close contact with carriers of the active form of the disease,
- through sex with an infected genital herpes partner,
- household way, through the use of common objects with a sick person.
As a result of numerous studies, doctors concluded that herpes cystitis can manifest itself as a result of two development mechanisms: as a result of the rapid spread of the virus throughout the body, penetrating the urinary system and urinary bladder tissue. Or be the result of a combination of activation of the herpevirus and inflammatory reactions in the MP.
In any case, the disease provokes a number of external and internal factors leading to the easy introduction of a viral infection against the background of reduced functions of immune protection.
- Inflammatory reactions in the prostate often serve as a provocative factor in men.
- In women, this is a physiological decrease in the immune functions in the period of gestation of the child during pregnancy or after difficult childbirth, during which the mucous tissues are injured, causing activation of the virus and its easy implantation in the MP.
- The failure of estrogenic protection in women with hormonal imbalance, which leads to a decrease in vaginal secretions and unimpeded introduction of the pathogen.
- Damage to mucous tissues during aggressive sexual contact, which facilitates the introduction of the virus into the tissue.
- Congestive processes of urine and disturbances in its normal outflow, triggered by illiterate use of intrauterine contraceptive devices or unskillful MP catheterization, which provides excellent living conditions for the pathogen.
It is possible the simultaneous development of several diseases - herpes cystitis and genital herpes.
Clinical symptoms of the disease
The first signs of the disease can manifest themselves in a patient completely unexpectedly, since the virus has the ability to change from a latent to a contagious state at any time, regardless of the absence or presence of a clinic. Due to the identity of signs with cystitis of bacterial origin, this type of lesion of the urinary cystic tissues is rather difficult to immediately identify in the initial period, since the symptoms manifest themselves as general signs of cystitis:
- intimate intimacy,
- frequent false impulses to mixations (urination), not stopping even during the night's sleep. At the same time, there is a feeling of a filled urinary reservoir,
- cutting with mixes accompanied by pulling pains in the suprapubic and lumbar zone,
- possible feverish state. Especially in patients with concomitant chronic pathologies, which can cause headaches and fatigue,
- in urine may appear blood impurities.
A distinctive feature of the symptoms of herpetic cystitis in women is due to the multifocal nature of its manifestations. When a herpes lesion of the urethral canal appears tingling and itching at the time of the micci. Characteristic unilateral enlargement of the inguinal lymph nodes and their pain. On the skin around the anus, on the genitals, the mucous membrane of the vagina and uterine cervix, there is hyperemia (severe redness), swelling and itching, followed by a rash of herpetic vesicles.
A week later, they open up, forming moist sore wounds. The process of tissue regeneration (recovery) lasts up to two weeks. During the primary acute process, the restoration of the skin will last a month or more. In half of the patients, herpes cystitis clinic has a recurrent nature, which causes difficulties in treatment.
Weakened immune protection contributes to the chronization of the disease with frequent exacerbations of symptoms.
No therapy is able to completely destroy the virus in the body. It only stops the process and reduces the risk of recurrence. The patient remains for life the carrier of the virus, and any predisposing factors that can trigger the process of viral activation.
Today, for the treatment of focal herpes lesions of the mucous tissues of the urinary cystic organ, an effective method of killing the virus using the method of laser vaporization (evaporation) of it from the affected epithelial cells is used. After the procedure, the mucous lining of the bladder is restored by urinary-bladder instillations of hyaluronic acid.
With signs of tissue damage in the urinary cystic neck, transurethral resection of cicatricial formations is performed, which narrow the cervical lumen and prevent the free flow of urine. Surgical intervention is carried out by urethral access. The absence of classic incisions ensures rapid tissue regeneration. According to reviews of numerous patients, this procedure is completely painless and effective.
Complications of the herpetic cystitis
Do not self-medicate and take even the most innocent, at first glance, medicines. This form of damage to the urinary cystic reservoir can lead to the development of serious pathological processes:
- Damage to the urinary cystic walls of a large number of ulcers and scarring, which increases the risk of breakthrough (perforation) of the MP walls and the development of peritonitis in the pelvic cavity, with characteristic signs and severe pain syndrome.
- The proliferation of connective tissue, which is manifested by hardening the fatty tissue of the urinary-vesical walls and squeezing the bladder, reducing its elasticity and capacity. The loss of elasticity violates the function of the elasticity of the MP, which is characterized by rapid, painful and scanty miccia.
- Viral infection of the genital organs can become the only cause of obstruction of the fallopian (fallopian) tubes. As a result - the development of infertility in women. During pregnancy, it is possible intrauterine infection of the fetus, anomalies of its development and difficulty in carrying a child.
- The spread of the virus in men is fraught with defeat of the prostate, with a high probability of the development of the development of its sclerosis (an irreversible stage of prostatitis).
Observance of elementary rules will help to avoid damage to the urinary cystic tissues by the herpes virus. It is necessary:
- adhere to a certain ethics in sexual relationships - a regular partner and non-aggressive sex,
- use of barrier protection (contraceptives). What will protect against injury and prevent the introduction of the herpevirus into the body,
- observance of hygienic rules, especially after direct contact with herpes rashes,
- ensuring hygiene of the perineum (dry and clean),
- application for cleaning up hygiene products without the addition of chemical aromatic additives. Such measures will prevent the development of allergic reactions and will not violate the physiological protection of mucous tissues and skin.
Timely diagnostic search and competent treatment of the disease will prevent the transition of herpes cystitis to the stage of chronic course. Today, although it is impossible to completely rid the body of the virus, a large number of existing drugs can prevent the development of possible complications and minimize the recurrence of the disease.
What is herpetic cystitis?
The bladder is very vulnerable, but it is difficult to diagnose non-bacterial cystitis due to the nonspecificity of the disease and similarity with other disorders of the urinary system, the patient may suspect:
- Dysuria - a violation of the process of urination, its difficulty due to the possible blockage of the calculus, compression of the bladder with the existing hematoma, tumor, prostate gland of increased size,
- Nocturia - a phenomenon in which most of the daily amount of urine is displayed at night.
Herpetic cystitis is an inflammation of the bladder caused by the activity of the second type of herpes virus. The disease includes many pathological conditions of the urinary system. A person most often does not even realize the hidden threat, the diagnosis is complicated by the inability to establish a connection between the root cause and the development of a secondary infection in time.
Herpetic cystitis may manifest itself not at the carrier, but at his partner after any kind of intimacy, given the ability of herpes to settle on the mucous membrane of the mouth, as well as the genitals. Not many people know the difference between ordinary and herpetic cystitis; they do not suspect its viral nature due to the absence of any symptoms in the partner. The introduction and subsequent development of infection in the genitourinary system contribute to various factors:
- Features of the physiological structure of the female body, a shorter urinary canal compared to the male, which increases the likelihood of susceptibility to herpes,
- Gestation period due to weakened immunity and serious hormonal adjustment,
- The presence of a genital infection in at least one of the partners, frequent, intense sexual intercourses, provoking irritation of the mucous membrane and easier infection,
- Incomplete emptying of the bladder due to improperly installed or selected intrauterine device leads to an inflammatory process, vulnerability to the virus,
- The period of menopause, menopause associated with changes in hormone levels, insufficient release of natural vaginal lubrication in women lead to a decrease in local immunity,
- Infecting a child while passing through the birth canal of a mother,
- People who have previously undergone a urethral catheter for the purpose of therapeutic manipulation are more at risk.
Symptoms of Herpetic Cystitis
The symptoms of herpetic cystitis are difficult to self-distinguish from other pathologies of the excretory system. It should be as soon as possible to seek the help of a specialist for the appointment of effective treatment, while the disease is in the initial stage of development and did not cause serious complications.
The manifestation of signs, characteristic symptoms of genital herpes, inflammation of the bladder due to activation of the virus in patients may differ significantly due to different immunity and protective properties of the body, the most common symptoms:
- Dysuric syndrome, frequent urge to urinate, accompanied by cramps and pains that are inherent in the usual cystitis, therefore, it is possible to speak of an accurate diagnosis only after passing the necessary clinical tests, (To learn more about the causes of frequent urination, follow the link)
- Гематурия — присутствие в моче крови, превышение ее количества может свидетельствовать о серьезной патологии, поэтому даже слабое окрашивание должно стать поводом для незамедлительного обращения к врачу,
- The increase in the frequency and pain of the urge closer to the night, does not leave the feeling of a full bladder,
- Feverish condition, chills, feeling cold, shivering,
- Lumbar pain, discomfort of the pelvic area, lower abdomen,
- Drowsiness, increased weakness, drowsiness.
Symptoms of herpes cystitis in an infant can be a significant decrease in appetite, refusal to feed, nausea, vomiting, indigestion.
How to cure herpes cystitis?
Treatment of herpetic cystitis should be selected only by a doctor after a thorough examination to establish or confirm the correctness of the diagnosis. The patient is recommended to take a blood test for the presence of antibodies to the herpes virus, bacteriological culture or catheterization, to conduct a screening test. Diagnosis of herpetic cystitis in the presence of symptoms and signs of the disease includes a biopsy of the walls of the bladder, cystoscopy, taking on the analysis of prostate secretion in men.
To date, the way to get rid completely of the herpes virus is not possible. Therefore, treatment is aimed at the removal of painful symptoms, elimination of the pathological condition of the organs and reduction of the frequency of relapses, for this the patient is shown:
- Therapeutic treatment of symptoms
- Enhance immunity and protective properties of the body,
- The use of antiviral drugs (Famciclovir, Valacyclovir, Acyclovir).
The attending physician may advise the additional intake of biogenic stimulants - groups of drugs most often of plant origin that contribute to the speedy recovery of human organs and systems, for example, Apilak, Befungin, Hematogen, Glunat, Plazmol, Propolis. Sometimes the patient requires massages and physiotherapy.
If we take into account that in a man herpes cystitis is a secondary disease due to viral pathology of the prostate, urethritis, bougienage of the urethra, laser reflexotherapy, prostate massage is shown.
Delay in treatment at the hospital and attempts at self-treatment of the disease without an established exact diagnosis and the nature of the pathology, relying only on some symptoms and signs, lead to serious complications. Damage to the walls of the bladder, the formation of a large number of ulcers, tight scars leads to a significant decrease in the elasticity of the body, which is why it is no longer able to stretch properly when filled with urine, there are constant urge to urinate and painful process.
The reproductive system also suffers. In women, erosion or cervicitis may occur when a lesion of the cervix and lower uterus that borders on the vagina is diagnosed. A serious complication of the disease is herpetic salpingo-oophoritis - inflammation of the uterus appendages due to the activity of the virus, penetration of the pathogen by the ascending path from the vagina, which in the absence of proper treatment leads to the formation of adhesions, tissue fusion, infertility.
For men, prostatitis becomes a threat - inflammation of the prostate gland due to infection, urethritis.
What is the difference between herpetic cystitis and cystitis?
Cystitis is considered a very common inflammatory disease that women are more susceptible to due to the anatomical structure and characteristics of the body. Hypothermia becomes the most frequent cause of the disease, sometimes it is sufficient to freeze enough. In addition, symptoms and signs similar to herpes, are observed due to infection through the urethra.
Often the source of the problem is the bacterial microflora of the vagina, vaginosis, and the presence of colpitis. Herpetic cystitis is different from the usual viral nature, not bacterial.
Reviews of the disease
Despite the fact that herpes is considered to be a rash on the surface of the skin and mucous membrane, the virus is able to infect any system of the human body. On the Internet, there are many reviews about therapy, the complex course of the disease, frequent relapses. Difficulties in the diagnosis of herpetic cystitis are associated with similarities with other diseases, so it is very important not to lose time, to consult a doctor when the first symptoms and signs of a pathological process of urination appear.
Timely diagnosis and proper treatment of the disease will avoid frequent recurrence and conversion to the chronic form.
Do not forget about the elementary prevention of the introduction of the virus into the body, washing hands, hygienic procedures after intimacy, safe sexual intercourse with a regular partner. Cure herpes completely at the moment can not.
There are a large number of drugs to combat herpes, which have their own advantages and disadvantages. Patient reviews confirm that complex treatment, which includes eliminating symptoms, relieving inflammation, strengthening the immune system and taking antiviral drugs, avoids serious complications and minimizes the recurrence of herpes.
Causes and ways of infection
Most urologists agree that lumbar herpes cannot cause cystitis. This form of the virus does not arise as a separate disease, but as a consequence of the chickenpox suffered in childhood. In the absence of additional pathological factors, the virus is not dangerous for the health and life of the patient.
Symptoms of herpes lesions
The speed of development depends on how weak the immune system is. Immediately after the end of the incubation period, which lasts from 1-10 days, the first symptoms of herpetic cystitis appear. Compared with other types of inflammation of the genitourinary system, there are characteristic signs indicating a viral etiology of the disease:
- pain during intercourse,
- frequent urination, accompanied by rezami,
- itching of the genitals and anus,
- at rest, there are pulling pains in the bladder and lumbar region,
- inguinal lymph nodes increase,
- rashes appear on the surface of the genitals and around the anus,
- discomfort when filling the bladder,
- during cystoscopy and visual examination, a gynecologist finds focal inflammation of the vagina, cervix and the surface of the urethy.
The signs of bladder damage by the herpes virus allow differentiating the etiology of inflammation without difficulty and prescribe adequate therapy. In case of primary inflammation, the task of the urologist is not to prevent the disease from becoming a relapsing chronic form, which occurs in 30-50% of cases.
In advanced conditions, the aggravation of herpes occurs simultaneously with cystitis, accompanied by: weakness, significant rise in temperature and hematuria (urine with blood), with damage to the mucous membrane and walls of the bladder.
Virus detection methods
Suspected herpes nature of the inflammatory process can be on the characteristic signs and rash. After identifying the symptoms, the patient is prescribed a series of diagnostic tests:
- tests for the presence of antibodies to herpes viruses,
- screening studies to detect the virus progressing in a chronic (hidden) form,
- tank sowing.
Cystoscopy is added to the diagnosis as needed. Visual examination reveals focal lesions and vesicles with accumulated exudate.
How and what to treat herpes inflammation of the bladder
If you find symptoms of cystitis, you should immediately consult a doctor. No need to delay with a visit to the urological center. If there is no timely and adequate treatment for herpetic cystitis in men, this can result in infertility and deterioration of erectile function. Inflammation of viral etiology in women leads to infertility and inability to bear a healthy child.
At home, first aid is provided, aimed at relieving acute symptoms before visiting the urological center and consulting a doctor. Urgent care includes:
- taking antispasmodics to relieve an acute attack,
- ensuring complete peace
- You can put a heating pad on the lower abdomen,
- Aspirin helps against headaches.
Self-medication is dangerous. After taking antispasmodics, symptoms may temporarily subside. This does not mean that the inflammation has passed. The urologist will have to contact in any case.
Despite the existing modern drugs with high efficacy and exposure, completely get rid of herpes will not work. The disease is incurable. The task of the medical staff is to prescribe a course of treatment in which relapses of the disease will be reduced to a minimum.
Therapy is different from what is used during the fight against bacterial inflammations. To treat cystitis caused by herpes should be as follows:
- Raising immunity - good health, the key to preventing relapse. In the presence of the necessary protective forces of the body, recurrences of viral lesions become rare.
To improve the immunity recommend the use of: Taktivina, Lavomax. Drugs quickly relieve symptoms and make the patient feel better.
- Elimination of inflammation catalyst - in the treatment of bladder herpes, drugs are used that inhibit the activity of the virus, which leads to a decrease in the recurrence of cystitis. To this end, appoint: Lavomaks, Oksolin and Helipin.
- Antibiotics - in the treatment of bladder herpes in women, urinary tract infection is often added to the main catalyst of inflammation. Simultaneously with antiviral drugs prescribed a course of antibiotics. To determine an effective uroseptic requires holding a sowing tank.
With prolonged inflammation, due to swelling and scarring, the lumen of the cervical canal narrows. A transurethral resection, a minimally invasive surgery, is performed to restore the bladder after herpes.
How to prevent herpes in the bladder
As mentioned in the article, a large percentage of the population are carriers of the virus. As a rule, HSV of the first type is diagnosed (rash on the lips). Some suffer from genital herpes.
Regardless of the type of viral infection, it is important to prevent it from entering the urethral canal and bladder, for which general urological recommendations were developed:
- When having sex, preference is given to barrier contraceptives (condoms) that prevent infection. If the partner is sick with HSV of the first type, oral vaginal caress is excluded.
- During daily hygiene should not be allowed to touch the bubbles on the lips and then to the genitals. The virus is freely transmitted by tactile contact.
- In the period of remission, it is necessary to abandon the aromatic pads, weakening the protective function of the skin and leading to allergic reactions and the appearance of diaper rash, favorable "soil" for the recurrence of herpes infection.
- Preference is given to the linen of their natural fabrics.
The connection between cystitis and herpes is obvious. The virus is aggressive, is not completely cured. If the inflammation has become chronic, the risk of complications increases. A healthy lifestyle, hygiene and maintaining immunity are good preventive measures against the development of herpes cystitis.
How are herpes with cystitis
The relationship between cystitis due to the herpes virus and sexual contacts is traced. The risk group consists of people aged 20-29, who have early sex life or often change partners.
HPV usually enters the bladder through the urinary tract. So the common reason for the development of herpes cystitis is herpes on the genitals of the partner. During sexual contact, viruses constantly act on the mucous membrane. Also, microtraumas of the membranes of the genitals with the urethra are not excluded, and even their small damages already form the conditions for the active reproduction of HPV. Pathology provokes and herpes on the lips. In case of insufficient hygiene of the pathogen, the hands are transferred.
The herpes virus quickly spreads through the urinary tract and reaches the bladder. Infection goes through microcracks in the walls of the body.
The risk of catching an infection is higher when the urethral catheter is inserted and during hormonal failure. Normally, the mucus that a woman’s body produces is holding back the entry of pathogens into the urinary tract. Its formation may decrease due to insufficient synthesis of hormones. Infection becomes more likely with illiterate setting of the uterine helix, if it disrupts the normal flow of urine.
The causative agents of the disease penetrate from the urethra into the bladder also along the descending path - with blood and lymph flowing from the pelvis. It happens that infection is caused by sweating media with pathogens to the bladder from neighboring organs. HPV initially affects the kidneys with ureters, and then the bladder mucosa.
In women, the symptoms of bladder inflammation caused by HPV vary depending on the state of the immune system. Yet the most common are the following symptoms:
- Frequent urging to the toilet and painful urination. The same symptoms are characteristic of other forms of cystitis, so the diagnosis can only be made after tests.
- Blood impurities in the urine. Even a slight staining may indicate pathology.
- Increased urine output.
- Frequent and painful urging in the evening.
- Feeling constantly filled bladder.
- Fever, chills.
- Pain and discomfort in the lower back, pelvis, lower abdomen.
- Fatigue and sleepiness.
It is impossible to independently differentiate the symptoms of cystitis on the background of herpes from the manifestations of other pathologies of the urogenital area. It is important to consult a doctor at an early stage of the disease, only this will avoid complications.
Cystitis in the genital organs is fraught with a number of complications. The acute form, if left untreated, quickly becomes chronic, which is especially dangerous for pregnant women, because the child may be infected in the womb. This is fraught with anomalies of fetal development and even miscarriage. Also, in chronic illness, the virus will continue to be released during sexual intercourse, infecting the partner.
There are erosion on the walls of the bladder. They create the danger of perforation of the organ and sclerosing its walls. Due to the growth of connective tissue, the bladder becomes less elastic and decreases in volume. The result - a person urinates often and little by little.
One of the most dangerous consequences of cystitis due to herpes is salpingitis. Pathology causes obstruction of the tubes and the impossibility of fertilization.
To confirm the diagnosis of herpetic cystitis is important for the appointment of the correct treatment. It is necessary to pass tests and pass examinations:
- General blood test. The presence of HPV is indicated by changes in hemogram.
- General urine analysis. It reveals an increased number of cylinders, blood, necrosis of the mucous membrane areas is also likely, with subsequent rejection and leaching with urine.
- PCR. The analysis is needed to identify antibodies to the virus.
- Ultrasound of the bladder. Ulcers or erosions that appear during herpes will be found.
- Bacteria urine.
Herpes and cystitis - a combination that is difficult to treat. At the moment there are no drugs or methods that could completely save the patient from these diseases. Still, proper treatment is necessary. In its absence, the risk of recurrence will greatly increase. It so happens that exacerbations occur several times a year, causing pain and reducing human performance.
Combined therapy is aimed at:
- elimination of symptoms
- strengthening immunity
- fight against viruses with antibiotics.
Vaccination was given some time ago, but now it is recognized as ineffective. As an addition to the main treatment used folk remedies. To strengthen the immunity, you can drink decoctions of chamomile, ginseng, celandine. Useful physiotherapy, nutrients. Douching should be carried out carefully, without abusing this method. There is a risk of violation of the natural microflora of the urethra and vagina.
To prevent infection, women are advised to wear comfortable underwear made from natural fabrics. If it is narrow, it is fraught with impaired blood circulation in the pelvis. During menstruation, the gasket should be changed in time, otherwise the conditions for the growth of pathogenic microorganisms will be created.
For intimate hygiene products should be selected with a neutral pH, in which there are no flavors. It is very important for the prevention of the disease to use contraceptives during sexual intercourse, and after it always take a shower.
Symptoms of cystitis are fairly easy to detect, they include the following:
- Patients begin to notice the occurrence of pain or burning during or at the end of urination.
- Urine is turbid, has an unpleasant smell.
- There are pain in the lower back, pulling in the lower abdomen.
- Sometimes there is a daily fever, shivering. Patients complain of weakness, nervousness, decreases efficiency.
- Urination quickens and feels the impossibility of complete emptying of the bladder.
Such symptoms are found in any form of cystitis. Главными же признаками герпетического цистита являются:
- дизурия – болезненность при мочеиспускании,
- никтурия – учащенное в ночное время,
- гематурия – кровь в моче.
The mucous tissue of the bladder due to damage by herpes is not elastic, flabby, poorly stretched, causing a strong burning sensation and soreness. Sores, damaged vessels explain the presence of blood. Patients complain of chills, fever. In severe, advanced cases, the temperature may rise dramatically. Pain syndrome increases during intercourse, both in women and men, as the bladder mucosa is injured even more.
To make a diagnosis from the history, you need to find out if the patient has a herpes infection in the body. To make sure finally, it is necessary to conduct all certain clinical examinations.
The following methods are distinguished for establishing the diagnosis:
- additional research.
When interviewing the patient must answer the following questions:
- how often sick
- what chronic diseases suffers
- when the pain started, what character are,
- did the body temperature rise
- whether the permanent sexual partner
- how sexual intercourse proceeds (quickly, actively, slowly, whether pain occurs),
- what urination and type of urine.
When visually examining the patient, the specialist should pay attention to the presence of hyperemia in the urinary system and genital organs. It should be noted, if any, traces of herpes sores on the genitals or lips.
From laboratory studies must take blood and urine for general analysis. Bacteriological examination of blood for the presence of antibodies to herpes is carried out, the number of lymphocytes and leukocytes is recognized.
To conduct a cytological examination, the patient must be specially prepared: after the morning urination, the genitals are flushed. On the analysis take the second urine.
If you can not make a proper toilet of the external genital organs, urine is taken as a catheter. The resulting urine is sown on a specific medium for culture. Be sure to spend cytology smears from the vagina, in men, the secret of the prostate gland.
From additional examinations can be appointed:
- bladder endoscopy
- ultrasound procedure,
- biopsy of a piece of tissue.
Cystoscopy is the most informative diagnostic method. A cystoscope is an endoscopic device consisting of a tube, an illuminator and a camera.
How this research is done: the tube is inserted through the ureter into the bladder. Through it, you can enter, if needed, a contrast agent, irrigate the walls of the organ, extract urine residues, and take sections for biopsy. The screen reflects the internal state, is determined by the mucous membrane of the bottom, front and rear walls.
To perform a biopsy with a cystoscope, a piece of tissue from the inner epithelium of the bladder (biomaterial) is taken for histological analysis.
The most convenient and safe method of diagnosis is ultrasound. The procedure is carried out after special preparation, which begins 3 days before the examination, with a cleaned intestine and a filled bladder. Before ultrasound prescribed a three-day diet. It is to eliminate from the diet foods that cause fermentation in the intestine, the accumulation of gases. You can not eat fresh vegetables, fruits, beans, all legumes. Banned dairy, sweet products, black bread, soda.
The ultrasound determines the volume of the body, wall thickness, the presence of tumors. Based on the surveys and the results obtained, you can make the correct diagnosis.
Causes of illness
The causes of herpes cystitis can be:
- reduced immunity
- contact with the virus carrier
- already present herpes infection in the body,
- passing through the birth canal
- household contact with infected objects.
The causes of the development of an existing disease are:
- hyperactive or rough sexual intercourse, in which tissues are injured, becoming a positive medium for the reproduction of the virus,
- the use of sanitary pads that cause the greenhouse effect - a convenient area for the development of viruses,
- contraceptive coils, unsuccessfully inserted into the uterus, preventing the complete emptying of the bladder,
- injury during labor,
- vaginitis that interferes with secretion of secretory fluid.
The relationship of cystitis and herpes
If a person already has a herpes infection, which is manifested by rashes on the lips, then it is likely that it is possible to get sick with herpes cystitis.
Knowing the risks and causes of the disease, it is advisable to lead a gentle regime and a way of life so as not to provoke its occurrence.
Preventive measures include:
- Strive and be a supporter of healthy safe sex.
- Do not change partners frequently and use protective equipment.
- Wear loose cotton underwear.
- Follow the rules of personal hygiene.
- Use high-quality gaskets that let air through.
- Do not start the disease, when the first signs appear, contact specialists.
It is also necessary to temper the body with recreational activities: to be more fresh air, to engage in physical activity:
- sports, tourism,
- gymnastics, dancing,
- therapeutic exercises, aerobics,
- even work in the garden or vegetable garden.
Following all of these and other rules will help avoid dangerous complications of cystitis.
Treatment of herpetic cystitis in women
Herpetic inflammation is more common in women. The attending physician selects the treatment based on the test results, but there are some general points.
All treatment takes place in three directions:
- strengthening the immune system
- elimination of the main symptoms
- antiviral therapy.
Antiviral drugs that are well proven:
Vitamin complexes, which are full of pharmacy counters:
Symptomatic treatment is prescribed depending on what sign of the disease is necessary to stop. It may be painkillers, anti-inflammatory, nonsteroidal drugs. Such as:
Equally important in the treatment of herpes cystitis is nutrition. The diet will be to increase the amount of liquid, to limit salt, acidic foods. Dairy products, vegetables, fruits, cereals, vegetable soups are introduced into the diet. It is impossible: sour, spicy, salty, smoked, fatty, sweet.
It is appropriate to use herbal medicine. To do this, use decoctions of chamomile, ginseng, eleutherococcus.
Of course, you need to abandon intimacy. At infection of the second partner they are treated together.
The causes of herpes cystitis
The problem of inflammation of the bladder can face, both women and men. There is a high risk of infecting a child during childbirth if the mother is a carrier of the herpes virus.
Basically, herpes cystitis is transmitted through intercourse or oral sex. The virus, falling on the mucous membranes of the mouth, pharynx, genitalia and urethra, causes severe inflammation. If partners infected with herpes have an excessively intense sex life, then there is a greater likelihood of small cracks and tears in the genitals. And the virus develops more actively on the damaged tissue.
What can cause herpetic cystitis in women?
- The physiological feature of the structure of the urinary canal (it is shorter than the male one).
- Poorly matched spirals are contraceptives located in the uterus. Because of this, the woman disrupts the natural process of urine output. An overflowing bladder threatens with severe inflammation, further spread of the virus.
- Hormonal failure during pregnancy or menopause. During this period, the female body is so weakened that it is simply not able to fight viral infections.
- During labor, the external genitals (large and small lips) and internal organs are injured - the uterus and vagina, which can trigger the herpes reproduction process.
How does the infection occur?
Infection of the bladder with herpes occurs in different ways, mainly due to negligence or ignorance. If your sexual partner is clearly visible on the lips of the wound from herpes, then you should not engage in oral sex with him. Indeed, through microcracks in the oral cavity, a virus can enter the bloodstream.
If in contact with a person who has herpes, you do not follow the rules of personal hygiene, then through dirty hands you can provoke the development of genital herpes.
You can also get through household items: towels, clothes and bedding.
Video: Viral cystitis
Symptoms of herpes cystitis
Herpetic cystitis is quite difficult to identify, as its symptoms are characteristic of other diseases of the bladder, but there are distinctive signs and features in treatment.
On the viral origin of cystitis indicate:
- frequent urination, which is accompanied by a sharp pain in the lower abdomen,
- pain during intercourse,
- changes in urine color,
- blood in urine
- atypical rashes (acne and severe itching on the genitals and anus)
- pain in the lower back and in the bladder,
- fever, weakness and chills.
On examination, a gynecologist, a urologist, and herpes in the bladder are detected according to the following symptom: a significant increase in lymph nodes in the inguinal zone.
Very often, a patient for a long time does not know about his disease as herpes cystitis appears only 10 days after infection.
If you do not diagnose herpes cystitis at the time, and do not start treatment, the consequences can be most unpleasant. In men, a strong inflammatory process with purulent discharge in the bladder, leads to impaired sperm production and blockage of the urinary canal. In the future, everything can result in the development of a new disease - prostatitis, which threatens with infertility.
In women, due to hormonal disorders, there are frequent delays of menstruation. Erosion may also occur on the wall of the urea. The most dangerous thing that can be - is the formation of obstruction of the pipes, which entails reproductive disorders.
Traditional methods of treatment
Folk remedies can alleviate the condition of a sick person, reduce irritation in the genital area. To do this, use decoctions of chamomile, St. John's wort, cornflower and nettle. In addition, such an infusion is an excellent antibacterial agent. To help remove toxic substances from the bladder: cranberry juice, alkaline mineral water and dried fruit compotes.