Treatment of tracheitis during pregnancy
The content of the article
Given the decrease in immunity in the expectant mother against the background of pregnancy, the appearance of cough or runny nose is far from uncommon. Often, diseases of the respiratory tract are diagnosed, so we will consider treatment of tracheitis during pregnancy in more detail.
Why are pregnant women so sick? The fact is that in the body there is a global restructuring based on hormonal changes. In addition, the cardiovascular, respiratory, urinary and digestive systems do more work than before pregnancy, which also weakens the body's internal defenses.
To cough, a lot is not needed, enough:
- overcool, take a deep breath of cold air,
- drink a cold drink
- eat ice cream
- live in an area with polluted dry air,
- chat with colleagues or relatives who have an acute period of viral illness.
To suspect the beginning of tracheitis can be based on the following clinical symptoms:
- dry cough,
- subfebrile condition
- decreased appetite
- body aches,
- sore throat.
The progression of the disease is evidenced by increased cough, weakness, an increase in hyperthermia, the appearance of a runny nose and sputum when coughing.
The danger of a strong cough is to increase intra-abdominal pressure, which can provoke premature birth, spontaneous abortion or bleeding.
A woman needs to understand that the life of her future child depends on her, so it’s not worth neglecting her health and hoping that the disease will heal itself. Compliance with the regime will help to quickly recover and protect the fetus from complications:
- regardless of the severity of the disease, a woman should not go shopping and do all the housework. She needs bed rest for at least 5 days of the acute period. This will help to save the forces to fight tracheitis and “rest in bed”,
- need to strengthen the drinking mode, of course, given the presence of possible edema in the third trimester, so as not to increase them. Especially helpful warm drink, such as juice, fruit juice, jelly, milk, tea with raspberries, currants, lemon or mint. A sufficient intake of fluid in the body will not only help reduce the level of hyperthermia, but also speed up the cleansing of toxins,
- when appetite decreases, it is not recommended to eat heavy foods (fatty, fried, spicy, hard meals). Fruit, fresh vegetables, chicken broth or porridge of liquid consistency,
- Relatives who will be near the pregnant woman need to take care of the air in the room. Be sure to air (not a draft!) And wet cleaning,
- You should not expose a woman to stress, because she needs complete rest and tranquility.
With mild symptoms, you can do without medication and restrict folk therapy. If the temperature reaches 38 degrees, and the cough became paroxysmal, the attending physician can prescribe medications, the safest in this period. In most cases, tracheitis is caused by a viral infection that must be controlled with antiviral agents.
Antibacterial drugs are prescribed exclusively by a doctor after confirmation of a bacterial infection (bacposev).
Antibiotics for tracheitis are prescribed quite rarely, only for complicated course of the development of bronchitis, pneumonia or tonsillitis. Ceftriaxone, Cefalexin, Cefepime, Sumamed and Amoxiclav are permitted for pregnant women. Doses of drugs and the duration of the course is determined by the doctor.
In addition to antimicrobial drugs, medication is needed to reduce cough. For pregnant women are allowed such drugs:
- Lozenges Dr. Mom. They belong to the group of expectorant drugs consisting of herbal ingredients (licorice root, ginger, emblica fruits). Round lozenges have fruit flavors. They have anti-inflammatory, expectorant, bronchodilator, antimicrobial and mild analgesic effect. The lozenge needs to be absorbed in the mouth every 3 hours,
- Bromhexine releases in the form of a syrup. It has a strong expectorant effect. Take 7-15 ml three times a day. Usually the effect is observed after 3-5 days. During the whole treatment, a lot of drinking is required, which will also help to reduce the viscosity of the sputum and stimulate its excretion. The drug is incompatible with alkaline solutions
- Prospan in the form of syrup belongs to phytopreparations. The action is aimed at reducing the viscosity of bronchial secretions, active sputum excretion and expansion of the bronchi. Before taking the bottle you need to shake up, take before meals 5-7 ml three times a day. Contraindications include fructose intolerance. Care must be taken in the presence of diabetes and liver failure.
Treatment of tracheitis in pregnant women should include the fight against fever, because elevated temperature increases sweating, increases the risk of dehydration and hypoxia.
Physical cooling methods are usually recommended, such as drinking heavily or warm showers.
Antipyretics should be taken at temperatures above 38 degrees. Paracetamol in the form of tablets or syrup is used to reduce hyperthermia. The medicinal effect of the drug is based on the effect on the hypothalamus, namely, the center of thermoregulation. It also has a small anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. A decrease in temperature is noted 60–90 minutes after ingestion.
If you have a sore throat use is recommended:
- Bioparox in the form of aerosols. The action of the drug is aimed at the destruction of microbes and suppression of inflammation. The drug should be sprayed 4 times a day at the back of the pharyngeal wall and inhale deeply so that the drug particles penetrated the mucous membrane of the larynx and trachea,
- Ingalipt. It has antimicrobial and analgesic effects. It is enough to irrigate the back of the pharynx three times a day,
- Miramistin - to rinse the oropharynx. Has an antimicrobial effect.
Treating tracheitis can be with the help of traditional medicines. They act gently and practically do not cause adverse reactions.
Pregnant women are prohibited coltsfoot, oregano, aloe, pine buds, thyme and sage for oral administration.
Most useful for tracheitis inhalation, but they are not recommended for fever above 38 degrees. For ingestion, you can make decoctions based on chamomile, viburnum, lingonberry, rosehip, ginger, linden or black currant. They saturate the body with vitamins, relieve cough and strengthen the immune defense.
To protect the unborn baby from diseases, during pregnancy you need to follow a few simple rules.
They relate to vitamin nutrition, walks in the fresh air, emotional calm, the absence of severe physical exertion and the timely treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases.
The main causes of tracheitis
The main causes of tracheitis - infections of viral and bacterial origin. At the time of childbearing a woman's immune system is weakened. From the point of view of physiology, this is a natural state that does not allow the body's defenses to reject the fetus. But on the other hand, it does not give the opportunity to fully resist infections, and even a banal ARVI can face various complications.
The following factors weaken the local immunity and increase the risk of tracheitis during pregnancy:
- general hypothermia, long stay in the draft,
- inhalation of frosty air
- dry and hot air in the apartment,
- high dust concentration in the room,
- effects on the mucosa of the upper respiratory tract chemical compounds, particles of household chemicals,
- inflammatory processes in the nasopharynx,
- smoking in the presence of a pregnant woman.
Symptoms of the disease
Symptoms of tracheitis are very diverse. Among them:
- throat sensation,
- chest pains appearing after a cough,
- high temperature
- weakness in the body, fatigue,
Such a clinical picture is characteristic of many diseases. To suspect tracheitis in pregnant women allows the nature of coughing. He worries a woman mainly at night or immediately after waking up. At the initial stage of the disease, cough is unproductive, dry and irritating. As the disease progresses, the nature of the cough changes, sputum appears difficult to separate.
If at night cough in pregnant women appears spontaneously, then during the day each attack is usually triggered by some irritant. This may be a response to a deep breath, frosty air, laughter or a rising voice.
The period of the acute stage of tracheitis lasts for two to three weeks.. If at this stage a specific treatment is not prescribed, the disease becomes chronic. Depending on the changes in the mucous membrane, two types of chronic tracheitis in pregnant women are divided:
- Atrophic form. The disease is characterized by thinning of the mucous membrane and the loss of its protective functions. In the process of development of the inflammatory process, thin crusts form on the surface, which cause strong coughing attacks.
- Hypertrophic form. The concept of hypertrophy in medicine - an increase in the size of the body. Similarly, the changes occurring in the tracheal mucosa are characterized by a thickening of its walls and an expansion of blood vessels. During cough there is a heavy sputum.
If untreated, the inflammatory process localized in the trachea begins to spread to the lower parts of the respiratory system, causing damage to the bronchi and lungs. At this stage, there is an increase in cough and pain in the chest. The already shaky state of the future mom will deteriorate sharply, provoking the emergence of new dangerous symptoms.
Before prescribing treatment of tracheitis in pregnant women, a woman should undergo a thorough diagnosis:
- At the initial stage, a visual assessment of the condition of the pregnant patient is carried out. The process of collecting information takes into account the presence of factors that provoke the onset of inflammation, and the time elapsed since the first symptoms of the disease appeared.
- During the inspection, marked breathing and the presence of dry rales.
- To clarify the intended diagnosis, the larynx is examined with a laryngoscope. To exclude the possibility of bronchitis or pneumonia, the chest area is carefully monitored.
- The next stage is a complete blood count, confirming the presence of an inflammatory process.
- When productive coughing and suspicion of the bacterial nature of the infection, sputum bakposev will also be required. With this analysis, the type of pathogenic microflora and the sensitivity of the pathogen to antibiotics are established.
If bronchial asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is suspected, airway patency is additionally assessed..
Possible risks and complications
If you start treatment in a timely manner, tracheitis does not pose a danger to either the mother or the future baby.. But there is not much time. Indeed, in the absence of qualified assistance, acute tracheitis during pregnancy flows into the chronic form in only 2-3 weeks, and, given the weakened immunity of the patient, there is a great risk of accelerating this process.
The greatest danger is the penetration of infection into the body of an unborn baby. What threatens further intrauterine infection of the fetus, we can only guess. This may be a delay in the development of a small organism, and congenital pathologies, and any abnormal changes.
But even if these risks are excluded, the lack of treatment for tracheitis in pregnant women adversely affects the health of the future mom. The presence of chronic inflammation can significantly complicate the upcoming labor. In addition, the infection has the ability to penetrate down the respiratory tract, causing the development of diseases such as bronchitis or pneumonia. In case of tracheitis of an allergic etiology, constant contact with an allergen is a direct path to bronchial asthma.
The long course of the inflammatory process leads to destructive changes in the tracheal mucosa and the growth of malignant neoplasms.
Features of treatment of tracheitis in pregnant women
The main thing that the future mom should remember is that with the onset of paroxysmal dry cough, one cannot begin to cure the disease without finding out the exact cause.. At this stage of her life, a woman is responsible not only for herself, but also for the little man she wears under her heart. Therefore, the first thing to do is to undergo a full examination by a doctor. Further away from the patient will only need to strictly follow all the instructions and recommendations.
Since not all prescribed drugs are suitable for women in the period of childbearing, the treatment of tracheitis during pregnancy is carried out jointly by the therapist and obstetrician-gynecologist!
The basis of the treatment of tracheitis is made up of drugs whose action is aimed at stopping the inflammatory process and stopping the exhausting cough. Additionally, symptomatic therapy and active hydration of the mucous membranes are carried out:
- Antibiotics for tracheitis are prescribed only when the bacterial cause of tracheitis is confirmed. If you cannot do without antibacterial drugs, treatment is carried out with the use of penicillins, which do not have a teratogenic effect on the fetus. In case of intolerance to penicillin antibiotics, the use of cephalosporins is acceptable (intramuscular).
- The use of antiviral agents in the first trimester of pregnancy is undesirable. Moreover, numerous studies have shown that all drugs in this category do not have proven efficacy. If, nevertheless, there is a need to reduce the acute period and alleviate the condition of the expectant mother, Viferon can be used in the second and third trimester of pregnancy in the treatment of tracheitis.
- Antitussives. Attacks of hysterical cough and insomnia caused by them are too risky for the future mother and her baby. Therefore, with a dry unproductive cough, their use is necessary. The most safe for women during pregnancy drugs, the active ingredient of which is dextromethorphan.
- Mucolytics. Phlegm diluents are approved for use in the second trimester of pregnancy. Simultaneously with antitussive drugs are not prescribed because of possible side effects associated with the stagnation of sputum in the respiratory tract.
- Symptomatic treatment. When the temperature rises above 38 0, paracetamol-based antipyretics are shown.. Taking aspirin during pregnancy is strictly contraindicated. Acetylsalicylic acid has the property to thin the blood, which can lead to the onset of uterine bleeding.
- Antiseptic agents. Grass candies can be recommended in this category, for example, with eucalyptus or mint. The concentration of herbs there is low, so they will not have a negative impact on the fetus. Moreover, these drugs enhance salivation, due to which there is an effective hydration of the mucous membrane.
- Inhalation with nebulizer. To relieve cough and relieve irritation of the mucous membranes, it is recommended to supplement the drug treatment with inhalations with alkaline mineral water. Steam inhalation with tracheitis during pregnancy is not recommended.
Treatment of chronic tracheitis is almost the same as the treatment of the acute form of the disease. But full recovery will take much longer.
Folk remedies in the treatment of tracheitis during pregnancy is strictly not recommended. Typically, these broths and tinctures include herbs with a high content of alkaloids, known for their toxic effects on the fetus. In addition, most of them can cause miscarriage or premature birth.
With timely treatment started, the prognosis is quite favorable, and it will take only 10-14 days to cure tracheitis during pregnancy. To avoid possible complications, during this period, patients should be provided with abundant drinking, access of fresh air and bed rest.
Special attention should be paid to healthy eating. All salty, spicy and sour foods are excluded from the diet due to the irritant effect on the inflamed mucosa. Hot and hard foods are also forbidden. But the number of vegetables and fruits in the menu should be increased - now the future mom needs vitamins more than ever.
Prevention of tracheitis, as well as other infectious diseases, is extremely important for the birth of a strong and healthy baby. The main preventive measures include:
- Regular visits to an obstetrician-gynecologist in accordance with the gestational age,
- timely vaccination against influenza viruses before the start of the epidemiological season,
- taking immunomodulatory drugs for frequent episodes of colds (at the discretion of the attending physician),
- исключение контакта с аллергенами и химическими веществами,
- избегание сквозняков, переохлаждений,
- соблюдение мер предосторожности в период эпидемий (respiratory masks, avoiding crowded places, limiting contact with a sick person, and more).
It is important to understand that in late pregnancy, tracheitis, like any other infection, can cause premature birth. And the presence of chronic inflammation can lead to infection of the child already at the stage of passing the baby through the birth canal. The fragile immune system of the crumbs is not yet ready to fight a whole bunch of pathogenic microorganisms. So it is worth saving it from such an unjustified burden, simply curing all its diseases in time.
What is dangerous tracheitis in the future mother
Pregnancy is a special period in the life of any woman. Everyone knows that in this time period each woman is extremely susceptible to viral diseases and various infections, because all the forces of the body are aimed at the development of the fetus.
Tracheitis during pregnancy can occur due to viral diseases, as well as be a reaction to allergens and a polluted atmosphere. Among other things, tracheitis may occur in pregnant women who constantly smoke.
The main danger of tracheitis in pregnant women is the possibility of viral infection to the baby through the placenta with the mother's blood. Chronic tracheitis can not only significantly undermine the health of the expectant mother, but also complicate future childbirth. If you do not diagnose the disease in time, it can quickly flow into bronchitis, which undoubtedly can affect the health of an unborn child. In time cured tracheitis (precisely during pregnancy) should not cause serious consequences to the fetus.
Main symptoms that a pregnant woman may face
In most cases, the first symptoms of acute tracheitis do not keep themselves waiting and appear immediately after the onset of the development of acute inflammation of the upper respiratory tract. One of the most important signs of the development of acute tracheitis is annoying cough, which in most cases increases many times during the night and morning. Also, extremely unpleasant suffocating coughing attacks can often occur with a strong breath (eg, yawning), laughter, crying, and sudden temperature changes.
A patient with a coughing attack feels annoying, fighting sore throatgiving over the sternum. This is the reason that almost everyone who has been exposed to this disease tries to reduce their own respiratory capacity through force, in order to avoid the development of another coughing fit. These and other symptoms of tracheitis lead to the fact that the woman has rapid shallow breathing and suffocative cough. Even with a small accumulation of sputum provoked another attack of the body's defensive response, designed to cleanse the lungs.
If the tracheitis is accompanied by laryngitis, the patient may hoarse for a short period of time. lose voice. The general condition of the diseased often varies slightly:
- body temperature is not increased much
- the sputum is very viscous, and until the treatment is prescribed, it moves off in small quantities,
- severe pain when coughing
- sore throat.
In some cases, tracheitis affects the upper bronchi, in such a situation, the tracheobronchitis rapidly develops, in which the cough is usually more painful and constant. The temperature rises to 38 - 39 C.
The main symptoms of chronic tracheitis:
- convulsive, extremely agonizing cough, especially annoying at night and morning,
- mucopurulent sputum, can be both very scarce and extremely abundant,
- the course of the disease is often quite long, with possible complications.
When a pregnant woman has acute or chronic tracheitis, you should immediately seek help from a specialist. The main treatment of tracheitis is primarily aimed at identifying and eliminating the causes of the disease and all the factors contributing to its development. To relieve the symptoms the patient is prescribed. mustard plasters on the chest area. If possible intoxication and further spread of the infection to the lower divisions, the doctor often prescribes antibiotics and sulfa drugs.
When painful coughing is most often prescribed Codeine, Libeksin, alkaline inhalations. If cough is difficult to cough up, expectorant agents are prescribed, such as licorice root, althea and thermopsis herb.
If a viral infection is suspected, mainly influenza A or B, the drug Remantinin is prescribed according to an individual regimen. This medicine is most effective in the first days of the disease. If a viral infection has not been established at the time of diagnosis of tracheitis, Interferon is prescribed. Without analgesics and antiviral drugs, the treatment is completely symptomatic:
- mustard plasters on the chest and between the shoulder blades,
- antipyretic and anti-inflammatory drugs,
- plentiful hot drink (milk, tea with lemon),
- thermal inhalations
- bed rest.
For carrying out inhalations it is possible to use both usual steam inhalers, and ultrasonic. Thermal inhalations are carried out at home with the use of anti-inflammatory drugs and herbs with mucolytic effect. In the absence of specialized inhalers, you can do without them, having made the necessary infusion in an enamel saucepan, the patient can sit down, leaning over the saucepan with steam, taking cover with a light blanket or large towel and breathe evaporation in this position for at least 5 minutes or until complete evaporation .
For a better effect in inhalation propolis is often used - it is a sticky gray substance released by bees. Such inhalation is recommended twice a day, morning and evening. Acute tracheitis, the treatment of which was started in the first days of the disease, usually gives in rather quickly.
Traditional methods of therapy is better to use as a supplement to the main treatment.
The most popular and effective recipes:
1. Tincture of raspberry leaves. For its preparation, 2 tablespoons of dried leaves must be filled with boiling water (approximately 0.5 liters) and infused for at least 2 hours. Used as a gargle.
2. Collecting leaves Eucalyptus, mint and sage, chamomile flowers and pine buds should be poured with boiling water and put in a water bath for half an hour. After that, the tincture needs to be poured into an inhaler and inhaled for about 15 minutes.
3. A very useful tool for tracheitis is considered tincture one of the following plants: leaves of coltsfoot, herbs of yarrow, thyme, elecampane, succession and licorice or Althea. 2 tablespoons of the above plants should be filled with boiling water (0.5 liters) and let stand for 2 hours. Before taking the tincture you need to properly strain. Drink 0.5 glass for half an hour before each meal.
With proper full treatment, uncomplicated acute tracheitis usually retreats quite quickly and after 10-14 days a full recovery occurs. The treatment of chronic tracheitis is almost identical to the treatment of the acute course of the disease. If the treatment was prescribed on time and there were no serious complications, the prognosis will be positive within two weeks after going to a doctor.
Tracheitis, treatment and symptoms of which are quite complex, requires the mandatory intervention of medical specialists. In no case is recommended to self-medicate, especially during pregnancy.
Complications of tracheitis
If the patient did not immediately turn to a specialist for help, tracheitis, home treatment of which did not bring positive results, is likely to develop into a more serious disease of the upper respiratory tract. In this case, the treatment is likely to be longer and more difficult.
Often, untreated acute tracheitis leads to development tracheobronchitis and bronchopneumonia. If the patient is a pregnant woman, the course of the disease can lead to complications during childbirth, and also significantly undermine the health of the baby who has not yet been born.
A long-lasting inflammatory process in combination with morphological changes in the mucous membrane can lead to endotracheal neoplasmswhich can be both benign and malignant. Allergic tracheitis under the constant influence of an allergen can turn into bronchial asthma.
How to recognize the disease? ↑
Tracheitis during pregnancy can occur for several reasons, as a rule, it is:
- complications of viral and bacterial infections, previously transferred,
- tobacco smoke during passive and active smoking,
- allergic reaction to pollen, chemical agents, dust, animal dander.
It is important to recognize the disease and start treatment. The following symptoms are characteristic of tracheitis:
- strong, barking cough with characteristic chest and back pain,
- an increase in body temperature can be observed up to 38-39 degrees,
- sore throat,
- noisy, shortness of breath,
- headache and general weakness
- runny nose with accompanying rhinitis.
What is dangerous tracheitis for pregnant? ↑
The main problem of tracheitis itself is its complications. Without proper treatment, the pathology takes a chronic form, which is not so easy to get rid of, and can also cause pneumonia. or acute bronchitis. In a situation with pregnancy, there is a risk of complications in the form of infection through the placenta to the fetus. This fact can disrupt the normal development of the fetus and cause complications during childbirth.
In addition, strong coughing attacks lead to tension in the anterior abdominal wall, which is not desirable during pregnancy. And in case of complications of tracheitis intoxication occurs in the body, which leads to the need to take antibacterial drugs and a negative effect on the unborn child.
Note! Pregnancy is a special period in the life of a woman, so any disease should be monitored and treated by a doctor, and even more so serious as tracheitis.
Home-based treatment ↑
Tracheitis is not a life-threatening disease, so treatment in most cases is carried out on an outpatient basis. Only in some cases, when the disease is acute and other pathologies of the type of pneumonia join it, hospital treatment is required. In all other cases, pregnant women with such a diagnosis are treated at home. For speedy recovery, the following actions are recommended:
- bed rest for a week,
- plenty of warm drinks, teas, herbal teas, wild rose,
- optimum humidity in the room, no dust,
- tracheitis can be treated by inhalation with alkaline mineral water or decoction of medicinal plants, they should be carried out at least 3-4 times a day,
- If there is no fever or it is not higher than 37.4 degrees, you can put warming compresses on the chest on the basis of honey or vodka. You can also make an iodine net, but it's better not to use mustard plasters,
- if tracheitis occurs on the background of tonsillitis or laryngitis, gargling with a solution of sea salt, soda or decoction of herbs is recommended.
Also for pregnant women the ability to eliminate the tormenting symptoms is with the help of folk recipes. The following recipes help to cope with coughing:
- helps to remove sputum and treat cough lingonberry juice mixed with honey. Drinking juice in small sips throughout the day,
- warm milk with alkaline water (1: 1 ratio) can help to relieve a coughing fit; you can also add a spoonful of honey to the resulting drink, drink it during the day,
- cough can also be treated with black radish. Cut the vegetable into small pieces, add honey to it, put everything in a saucepan and simmer on a small fire until the radish is completely ready, stirring occasionally. Vegetable will give all its juice, after which it must be removed from the syrup. The resulting syrup is taken before bedtime by a tablespoon.
To reduce the heat without the use of drugs can be using the following folk recipes:
- wrap with water dipped in vinegar. The fabric is placed on the forehead and temples, also on the hands and feet. The whole body can be rubbed, cooling takes place with moisture. bodies,
- a compress of grated raw potatoes and vinegar. In one potato add a tablespoon of vinegar, the mixture is spread on the fabric and applied to the wrists, temples and elbows,
- raspberries, honeysuckle, strawberries and cranberries have a good antipyretic effect. On a glass of hot water, you should add two spoons of any of the listed berries, cool to a warm state and drink instead of tea, in large quantities.
Tracheitis during pregnancy, does not tolerate postponing the visit to the doctor for later. Remember that in your interesting position you are responsible not only for your health, but also for the health of your future baby. Do not jeopardize its development, resorting to self-treatment, only a qualified specialist will be able to prescribe the correct treatment.
Tracheitis and its danger to the future mother
Usually, this pathology develops in conjunction with other diseases of the respiratory tract or arises later on their background.
During pregnancy, women are at increased risk of contracting tracheitis (like any other ailments), since the body’s immunity during this period works “half-heartedly”.
Main danger such a seemingly simple disease is primarily at risk of infection by the fetus (we are talking about microorganisms that cause pathology).
In addition, in some cases, inflammatory diseases and / or their incorrect treatment can lead to developmental disorders of the child - it can be born with congenital disorders.
In extremely rare cases possible even miscarriage or premature birth.
Causes of disease
- development of the disease against the background of other pathologies of the upper respiratory tract,
- irritants allergic character
- penetration of foreign bodies into the trachea,
- smoking (passive or active)
- effects on the tracheal mucosa irritantsthat may be present in the air (dust, gases, chemicals).
But the main cause of the disease during pregnancy is the penetration into the body of infections and viruses, which even before conceiving a child could be present in the body in the form of conditionally pathogenic microflora, intensified during the development of the fetus.
Symptoms of tracheitis in pregnant women
In pregnant women, tracheitis symptoms manifested practically immediately after the development of inflammatory processes.
The main symptom of pathology is bouts of dry unproductive cough and possible bouts of mild choking with strong breaths.
Other symptoms of tracheitis are:
- pain that occurs behind the sternum and throat,
- the absence in the first days of sputum discharge,
- a slight temperature rise to the level of subfebrile.
In such situations, the temperature may rise even to the level of 39 degrees.
The approach to treatment in pregnant women
Before prescribing medication, a specialist collects anamnesis and conducts research aimed at identifying the causes of the development of pathology.
- Any expectorants need to be taken with caution, since in the first trimester they can provoke uterine contractions, and this in turn creates a risk of miscarriage.
- In the room where the pregnant woman is, it is necessary to maintain optimum humidity, to eliminate excessive irritation of the mucous membranes.
To do this, it is advisable to purchase and install a humidifier in the room, although it is enough to do regular wet cleaning and in the summer and spring to lay wet rags on the floor.
- Pregnant You can additionally make various compresses (including - on alcohol), put mustard plastersbut foot baths must be excluded.
- During the treatment important often and drink plenty of warm drinks without gaswhich will help relieve irritation and will partially flush pathogens from the surface of the larynx.
- Antipyretic funds are also needed use caution and only at extremely high temperatures (from 39 and above), while you can only use paracetamol.
Drug treatment is usually prescribed after the first three days, while antibiotics and antiviral drugs are used. can not pick yourself.
When diagnosing an infectious tracheitis, sulfanilamide antibiotics can be prescribed.
They do not affect the condition of the fetus and are non-toxic drugs that do not have systemic side effects.
When coughing without fear for the health of mother and fetus Codeine or Libexin may be prescribed..
These drugs inhibit cough reflexes and partially have an anesthetic effect, alleviating sore throat.
When tracheitis viral etiology pregnant women often prescribed rimantadine, but this medicine is always taken on an individual basis, which is made by the attending physician.
This tool affects the reproductive systems of viruses in the early stages and blocks the ability of such microorganisms to multiply.
Traditional medicine for tracheitis during pregnancy on one side относится к мягким, щадящим способам лечения.
Но с другой стороны такие средства can have a negative effect if at the patient have allergies on the ingredients used in the recipes.
Also, some ingredients that are part of popular recipes can have a negative effect on the fetus.
Safe during pregnancy, the following traditional methods of treatment are considered:
- White part of leek (enough two pieces) crushed and mixed with one hundred grams of sugar.
The mixture is poured with a glass of boiling water and set on fire, the means is boiled until it thickens completely.
Reception is carried out every two hours on a teaspoon.
- Dried figs in the amount of four pieces 700 grams of milk is poured and brewed until the mixture becomes brownish.
Drink remedy three times a day at regular intervals of half a cup.
- One head of garlic and ten small onions chop and pour 0.5-liter of milkafter which the mixture is cooked until onions and garlic soften.
The finished and cooled remedy is taken every two hours on a teaspoon, the course of treatment can be continued for an unlimited amount of time until complete recovery.
- A pound of peeled onions crushed and mixed with 30 grams of honey, 400 grams of sugar and a handful cleaned and crushed hazelnut.
All this is poured with a liter of water and boiled for three hours.
The mixture is filtered and taken three times a day, one teaspoon.
Possible complications and effects of the disease on the fetus
After the twentieth week of pregnancy, pathology is practically no danger to either the mother or the fetus.
But first trimester intensified dry cough can lead to excessive tension of the uterus and increase its toneas a result, premature labor may occur.
From this video, you will learn how and how you can safely treat pregnant women:
For the future mother, it is extremely important to treat their health with increased attention, since this is primarily the health of her baby.
therefore at the slightest sign of tracheitis, you must consult a doctor and strictly follow his recommendations.
Only in this case, you can guarantee quick treatment and the absence of complications and consequences for their own health and the health of the fetus.
Causes of the disease
Pregnant women are more likely to suffer from viral and bacterial infections. This is due to hormonal changes in the body. While the expectant mother is preparing for bearing and the generic process, the immune system is reduced.
Tracheitis in pregnant women is often diagnosed in spring and autumn. At this time of the year, fluctuations in air temperature and strong winds are observed, leading to overcooling of the body.
Another common cause of damage to the body are not fully cured diseases of the respiratory tract of an infectious nature.
Acute tracheitis occurs for other reasons as well:
- long stay in dusty rooms,
- living in places with poor environmental conditions,
- the presence of bad habits: smoking, drinking alcohol, use of narcotic substances,
- diseases of the internal organs in a chronic form,
- allergic reactions
- hitting an alien body in the trachea region,
- contact with sick people
- public visits during epidemics.
Treatment of tracheitis in pregnant women begins with the identification and elimination of the cause. If we do not pay attention to the problem in time, then serious complications are observed. Primarily, the fetus suffers from respiratory diseases, viruses and bacteria.
How to treat tracheitis during pregnancy, only a doctor can say. Before you go to the doctor, you need to understand the clinical picture. The inflammatory process in a pregnant woman proceeds a little differently.
One of the main signs is considered to be a dry cough. During an attack, the woman experiences pain and sore throat. In rare cases, there is a discharge of a small amount of mucus. Coughing is severe, leading to a burning sensation in the chest area, pain in the head, and pulsations in the temples.
Other symptoms of the inflammatory process include:
- increase in temperature values up to 38 degrees,
- general malaise,
- breathing problems
- appearance of squeezing feeling in the chest,
- hoarseness and hoarseness,
- constant lack of air and asthma attacks.
If the disease is not cured in a timely manner, the infection will descend into the bronchi. Against this background, tracheobronchitis develops. One of the main symptoms is a sharp increase in temperature to 39 degrees.
How to treat tracheitis during pregnancy depends on the cause, clinical picture and severity of the disease.
What is dangerous tracheitis for the future mother and fetus?
Any inflammatory process in the respiratory tract can lead to the development of adverse effects.
What is dangerous tracheitis? It all depends on the type of infection and the term of gestation. The main complications include:
- the formation of congenital defects that are incompatible with life,
- preterm labor,
- fetal dying.
Tracheitis during pregnancy can lead to the development of diseases of neighboring organs in the form of:
If the disease becomes chronic, then the patient is tormented by a painful cough with a long course.
The reason for the defeat of the trachea in the period of gestation is often an allergic reaction. Dust, pollen, pet dander, foodstuffs and household appliances act as irritants. To get rid of unpleasant symptoms, it is necessary to identify and eliminate contact with the allergen. In the absence of measures, bronchial asthma occurs.
Treatment of tracheitis during pregnancy should be effective. For the appointment of the necessary drugs should seek help from a doctor. This will avoid serious changes in the tracheal mucosa.
The danger lies not only in the adverse effects of infection on the body. Attacks of severe coughing lead to spasms. Against this background, the uterus hypertonus develops.
Such a process threatens:
- preterm labor
- placental abruption.
During childbirth, the infection can infect the fetus.
One or two signs is enough to immediately consult a doctor. A disease such as tracheitis can be detected by a therapist or an otolaryngologist. First of all, the doctor asks about the presence of associated symptoms, examines the throat and listens with a stethoscope. Additional diagnostic methods are also used in the form of:
- bacteriological sputum culture,
- taking a swab from the nose and pharynx for research,
- blood and urine for general analysis.
According to the survey results, it is possible to identify the cause of the pathological process and the course of the disease.
Treatment - drugs
Self-medication is strictly prohibited. This causes complications not only for the expectant mother, but also for the fetus.
Treatment involves an integrated approach to solving the problem. Patients are assigned to:
- Preparations for dry cough. In the early days of the disease, sputum is absent. The cough is very irritating to the throat, and also makes it difficult to sleep at night. Therefore, a woman can be assigned Sinekod or Codeine,
- Mucolytics and expectorants. Recommended for use in the formation of mucus. They dilute phlegm, contribute to its removal. Translate unproductive cough into a wet,
- Antipyretic drugs. Needed when the body temperature rises to 38 degrees. Paracetamol in the form of syrup, tablets or suppositories is a safe group of drugs. The remaining drugs are contraindicated in pregnant women,
- Antibiotics. Assigned to bacterial damage. In the first trimester are contraindicated. Effective, but safe are Flemoxin Solutab, Supraks, Sumamed, Amoxicillin,
- Lozenges. Eliminate pain and soreness, soothe the throat. They have an antiseptic, antibacterial, anesthetic effect. Permitted funds include Lizobact, Faringosept.
The duration of the treatment course depends on the degree of damage to the body. Usually, drug therapy continues for 7–10 days.
Many drugs are prohibited for use in future mothers. To avoid adverse effects from drugs, doctors recommend using folk remedies.
This product has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antitussive and mucolytic properties. With its help, you can eliminate the cough, relieve irritation, defeat the infection and improve immunity.
With a strong cough, it is advised to dissolve a spoon of honey 2-3 times a day. Some patients dissolve this product in water or milk and take it overnight. Good result is shown by warming honey compresses.
Before you use a bee product, you should make sure that there are no allergic reactions.
Mustard pills are contraindicated for women during pregnancy. But the iodine net is an excellent substitute. Her draw in the chest and back. This method of treatment can be used no more than once every 2 days.
This product can be used for both internal and external use. Cough helps eliminate syrup. To cook it, you need to take a medium-sized onion, add boiled water and add 3 spoons of sugar. Let it stand for a day. Take one spoonful three times a day.
Compressions are made of onions. For this, the onions need to be baked in the oven until it is soft. Then knead the onion and impose on the chest. Over a compress the film and a warm scarf is located. The duration of the procedure is 30 minutes. Repeat the manipulation is necessary 2-3 times a day until complete recovery.
One of the dangerous phenomena during pregnancy is febrile with fever above 38 degrees. Raspberry tea will help to overcome the heat. Jam, tree branches or plant leaves are suitable for its preparation. The tool is used in the form of heat. During reception of raspberry tea it is necessary to observe drinking mode. Otherwise, dehydration will occur.
Inhalation is considered a safe treatment. They are of two types: steam and nebulizer. In the first case, the procedure is not recommended to perform at temperatures above 37.5 degrees. As therapeutic solutions can be used decoctions of chamomile, sage, calendula, essential oils, soda and iodine.
Inhalation using a nebulizer can be performed at a temperature not higher than 38.5 degrees. When performing the procedure, saline or alkaline mineral water is used.
Repeat manipulations should be 2-3 times a day for 7-10 days.
Such a procedure as rinsing helps to get rid of unpleasant symptoms. It eliminates pain and irritation, relieves inflammation.
Conditioners can be prepared independently at home. For the preparation of a solution useful sea, cooking or iodized salt. Half a teaspoon of the ingredient is added to a mug of warm water.
Good help rinse on the basis of various herbs in the form of oak bark, sage, eucalyptus, chamomile. To prepare the solution, take a spoon of any component and pour it with a cup of boiled water. Infused 10-15 minutes.
Gargling with tracheitis is recommended 4-6 times a day.